Law of what?

Maggie Shreve Magshreve at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 10:27:59 PDT 2000

Actually, I started using the law of mobility when I first encountered Open
Space with Harrison in Baltimore at the ODN conference -- when was that?
Like 1994?

I've worked with people who have significant disabilities for 25 years and I
knew, immediately, that law of 2 feet would offend them....perhaps to the
extent that people in wheelchairs or without legs would not participate in
Open Space.  So, language is important -- but for different people at
different times and different reasons.  (And someday I'll tell you about the
Open Space Hugh Huntington did in Washington where we struggled mightily to
accommodate all the people with hearing disabilities who needed microphone
access in a ballroom setting...NOT good.)

Frankly, I was thrilled to see that the law of mobility has kinda stuck
around.

Maggie Shreve
Magshreve at aol.com