A Story from OZ

rnorris at digital.net rnorris at digital.net
Mon Apr 3 17:04:57 PDT 2000

At 03:00 PM 4/3/00 -0400, you wrote:
This is great -- but for me the math would be harder then the Open Space.

Harrison,

I agree, the math might be a real challenge.  I personally warm up to the
notion of letting the customer determine the fair maket value and pay
accordingly. I believe it is the participants who best know the value of OS
or any other service as it applies to their org.

If I am correct about OS, the facilitor sets the stage for others to ignite
a process (their own) of collaboration.  Value realized is in the
participants hands, not the facilitator? Hence I am beginning to believe
that the customers determination of the value is more in alignment with OS
princples than imposing a monetary VALUE before the fact.

Rich Norris
Richard Norris
(407)779-0531
<rnorris at digital.net>