New OS poetry contest

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Sat Apr 15 21:55:47 PDT 2000

As OSLIST Poet Laureate (i won the last contest, so I lay claim to the
title), it gives me great pleasure to officially open the 2nd Biannual
OSLIST Restricted Form Poetry Contest.

If you recall, the last contest called for poets to submit poems
composed of words which started with each letter of the alphabet in
sequence.

This time, the form is a little more open, but still restrictive.

Your task is to produce a poem relating to Open Space in four stanzas of
four lines, each containing four words.  The winner will be selected by
a OSLIST wide vote.

The winner will receive my much loved copy of the "Tao of Pooh", and the
right to wear the mantle of the Poet Laureate.  You will also receive
the heavy responsibility of crafting the 3rd Biannual OSLIST Restricted
Form Poetry Contest in six months time.

Submissions can be made to me on or off list and the dead line is April
30, 11:59 Pacific Standard Time.

To kick things off, here is my submission.  It shouldn't be too hard to
improve upon it.

Good luck!

Opening the dance

I live my life