Invitations and "Selling" Open Space

Ric Giardina ric at spiritemployed.com
Sun Apr 30 11:58:11 PDT 2000

Dear OS Friends,

For several years now, I have been using Open Space for a men's
spiritual retreat (Associated with the Unity Church) which draws men
from the western region of the US.  The first year just trying to
explain OS to the planning committee to get permission to try it was
hard enough.  Each year, attempting to explain it in a brochure to
potential attendees poses a challenge.

Last year, I had one of the attendees who is a close friend document
much of the weekend with photographs, and we put up a website that
explains in words and pictures both what the weekend is and what and how
Open Space is used.  It seems to be helping a lot.  Most of the textual
description of Open Space we included came from OS documents, Harrison's
books, etc.  (Thank you, Harrison, for not being a copyright fanatic!)

If you are interested in seeing what we put together, you will find the
website located at:

          http://home.earthlink.net/~spiritemploy/

Be sure to check out the sections on "The Process," "The Program," and
the "Photo Gallery" to see all the OS references.  As it turns out, this
year's event is coming up this next weekend, and I will be facilitating
the Open Space on Saturday.

Blessings,

Ric Giardina
--