Thanks To Birgitt and Ward

Carlton Adams cadams at hemc.net
Wed Apr 12 17:34:29 PDT 2000

Well, I meant to get here before Birgitt got here, but she beat me to
it.

However, I want to offer this public note of thanks to Birgitt and Ward
for the fantastic job they did at Hendersonville, N.C. this past
weekend.  This was the annual Faith in the Workplace Conference offered
by the Institute of Servant Leadership at the Kanuga Conference Center.
I have been attending these events since 1988 and none of the other
conferences have generated the energy and excitement as this one did
using Open Space Technology led by Birgitt and Ward.   There were 91
participants and it seems that all were diving for a sheet of paper to
put their issue before the group.  Also, the neat thing about this
conference is that we have the issues and converging issues to do follow
up with the group.  The topic for the conference was Loving Creation:
>From Concern to Commitment.  I understand that one participant was so
passionate about his issue that he "stole" an extra set of dots(votes)
so that his issue would be on top. Wow! What passion.  And he is an
Episcopal priest, too!!

As a novice in Open Space Technology I came on the listserv last fall to
ask for help.  Birgitt heard my call, and quietly agreed to come and
help.  What a gift.
It was also great to have Ralph and Chris (Weaver) at the conference.  I
look forward to more events in the South as we move Open Space into this
region of the country.

Carlton J. Adams
279 Falling Water Drive
Cornelia, Georgia 30531