Knowledge Management

Kay Wakefield Kbwatty at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 16:33:56 PDT 1999

Doc:  You stated:

"Adopting KM practices and principles requires significant change to
organizational systems, especially those we call human systems or culture.
An effective KM change effort will be stymied if the organization cannot
transform itself...and without systemic KM practices and principles, many
enterprise organizations may not remain competitive enough to survive."

Help me understand what you mean here. In Joe Paul's example of the neo natal
nurse, how and why must the hospital be transformed before the wisdom and
knowledge of this nurse can be transferred to other nurses or as you phrased
it "just in time knowledge" be retrieved by those needing it?

Kay

Kay B. Wakefield, Esq.
Wakefield McCobb, P.C.
1618 SW First Avenue Suite 210