Visual Proceedings

Peg Holman pholman at email.msn.com
Wed Nov 24 01:33:43 PST 1999

I have also used a Grafitti Wall with great results.  It was for a gathering
sponsored by St. Joseph's Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington.  They are in
the Hilltop area, a neighborhood that, for a while was on the national news
because of the frequency of drive-by shootings.  The OS had social service
providers and neighborhood residents focused on "Building a Healthy Hilltop
Community".  We titled a blank mural "Our picture of a Healthy Hilltop",
provided colored markers and invited people to paint the picture as they
envisioned it.  Throughout the day, the image blossomed.  By the end, the
mural was so stunning that the hospital hung it in a public place in their
building.

Peg Holman