Practice Opportunity

Jay Vogt JayWV at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 11:46:42 PST 1999

Hi OS List:
I am posting this practice opportunity on the the list in the hopes that
someone closer to Mystic, Connecticut than I might be able to help Ann.

Here's Ann's request:

I participated in an Open Space with Polla Pratt at the Body Wisdom
Conference out in California.  I am working on my action initiative (which
came out of that conference) to set up an East Coast Alliance for the
Advancement of Somatics.  I live in Pawcatuck, Ct.  and in May 2000 there is
a Healing Arts Conference being
held in New London, CT.  I am teaching a class there and I am working on
setting up an Open Space on Launching an East Coast Somatics Alliance.  I
am looking for perhaps a student, volunteer, or practitioner out of the
goodness of their heart to run the Open Space at the conference.

It looks like I'll be piggy backing on a Healing Arts Conference to be held
in New London, Ct. on May13th from 9-4.  I'd like to hold the Open Space
after that, maybe, from 5:30- 9:30.  I want to bring together 10-20
professionals an/or lay persons interested in creating an East Coast
Somatics Alliance.  The Open Space will be located in Mystic, Ct.

    Somatics is practitioners of the Healing Arts  that are wholistic in
orientation and use the body/mind/spirit framework in their work.  In a
way, from what I understand of Open Space Technology, there are
similarities:   wholistic, organic, inclusive, etc.   I would love to have
you put it out on your list to help me find someone if you can't do it.

For a betteridea of what somatics is, see the site:
www.mainstreamingsomatics.com.
I really do appreciate any help you can give me on this.  Again, the date is
May 13th and the time I am anticipating is 5:30-9:30 PM to follow the Healing
Arts Conference.

Contact Ann directly at arwatkins at juno.com

Thanks, Jay

Jay W. Vogt