Fw: OST application for conflict resolution

David Koehler Dmk4812 at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 07:43:24 PST 1999

Dear Minh-Hanh,
As a executive director of a labor-management council and as an ordained
United Church of Christ minister I was interested in your question.  In our
work with labor and management groups we use the "Getting To Yes" 7 Elements -
Conflict Resolution and Collaboration process developed by Roger Fisher of
Harvard Law School.  We also use OST.  Both are effective.  So, to answer your
question, the answer is yes.

Let me also mention something else as an FYI.  In April, we will have an OST
event with our public housing authority (PHA) on April 15th and 16th.  What
will be interesting is that we have trained most of the PHA staff in the 7
Elements - Conflict Resolution process.  What I am waiting to see is if we can
combine the skills people have through the 7 Elements, with the format of OST
and have even a better result, especially as it relates to the quality of the
small group sessions.  I will pass on results to the OSTLIST.  Also, I will be
attending the OST event in Chicago the following week.

Thanks,
Dave Koehler