Know Anybody Who Fits?

ralphsc ralphsc at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 26 10:48:37 PST 1999

Hi, everyone,

I'm looking for someone who wants to do a case study of the use of open
space to help a whole bunch of folks decide the fate of a large bridge
across the Hudson River in New York.  I'm thinking someone like a grad
student in public adminstration would get a good thesis out of this and,
if all goes well, show the world a model for community participation in a
large scale transportation endeavor.  There are other levels, too, of
course.

We'll probably use three OS meetings of 100+ people over the course of
6-9 months to explore the issues, integrate technical and cost data, and
build social and political bridges (pardon the pun).  First one is this
June.

If you know someone who may be interested, please ask them to get in
touch.  There is no money for this.

Note: I'll be away from 3/27 through 4/11 and probably without e-mail.
Ask anyone interested to leave a message at 609-895-1629 (USA) and I'll
get back to her/him/them.

Thank you.

Ralph Copleman