Circles and Tables

Parkinson & Gibeault dgp at cyberus.ca
Thu Mar 11 18:01:45 PST 1999

Hi Ralph,

I find that people who are uncomfortable to get on the floor to write their
topice often bring the sheet to their seat and write from there.

Even if the table isn't obstucting the view as Larry suggested, it does
symbolize that thing that creates distance in meetings. My preference is to
create an environment that is  different form the usual way of doing business
to send the message that this is not business as usual.  No table means we
all are a bit more vulnerable and that may bring us to be more open, in touch
with feelings, with the unsaid, creativity, the spirit in the room and so on.

That's why I have a preference  for no table but I agree that some space can
be opened despite that.

Diane Gibeault
191 Juliette Ave.
Ottawa Ontario