Center of the Circel

Larry Peterson lpasoc at inforamp.net
Thu Mar 11 05:46:49 PST 1999

I have used a variety of "centers" for an Open Space. I like to find
something small that symbolizes the purpose of the group gathered. I like to
put the papers, markers and report forms in the centre. I have used short
tables (coffee tables). The critical thing for me is that the line of sight
and sense of connection between people in the circle (or concentric circles)
is not broken. A table that blocks your view of the person across the room
has the same effect as a table in a meeting room. It can separate people and
their energies. It does not prevent Open Space from working its magic, I
think it lessens the energy.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation