No subject

Herrmann, Thomas thomas.herrmann at telia.com
Mon Mar 8 12:32:54 PST 1999

Hi everybody. I'm happy to be on the list.
I held my first OS event with a collegue a couple of weeks ago. I've
studied the method, read "what there is to read" and via a consultant
arranged some events the last year, Ingrid Olausson - I guess known to some
of you. Ingrid held a three-days course (including the arrangement of a OS
event) for me and seven of my collegues. I feel well prepared and motivated
to go on. We do have quite a few events coming on already during the
spring.
I have a few questions right now. I will take this chance to check out what
happens when I put it out to you all.
1.  How to arrange the center of the circle. There are benefits from having
no table as well as having a relatively large table. I feel that it could
add some to the creativity that people gather more in the center instead of
taking a paper back to his/her seat. Has anyone tried to bring a round
table into the middle after the introduction? A table where maybe 5-7
people can write there topics at the same time.
2. How to go on after an one-day OS event. I'm interested in different
ideas about how to motivate the participants to use all the new contacts
and also make something outof some of the interesting ideas that have been
"born". In the events we had so far, we have invited some of the conveners
for a meeting to find some ways to go on with the most interesting ideas.
3. Are there different methods to evaluate the conference in frequent use?
I meen alternatives to the "talking stick" which seems to work well though.

Saludos amigos
Thomas Herrmann, Kungsbacka, Sweden (working at the county labour board in
Göteborg)