Electronic follow up

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Sat Jun 19 19:15:36 PDT 1999

Hi Koos,
picking up some threads from your e-mail. Yes, we are in Open Space and
exercising our communication electronically. I find that electronic medium
is good for the long term in building community only if there are occasional
face to face meetings. There is a lot of research about this, including how
men do this differently than women :-) I think we do currently have
opportunity to meet face to face annually on two occasions and would
encourage all on the list to do so---the Organizational Transformation
Symposium (this year held June 29-July 3 in Oregon) and the Open Space on
Open Space (this year held Sept 26,27 in Chicago).  Information about both
is on the websites including mine under training/special events. I see both
events as a chance for real professional development in Open Space, whatever
that may mean. For me it means opportunities to do great learning and to
test what I believe and listen to what others believe. Great fun too!

And there is a fun story on my website about people who met on the internet
and then gathered together in an Open Space done by Barry Owen. He and I had
the fun of watching the people meet each other for the first time (great
intimacies had been shared by e-mail amongst the people who never thought
they would meet, so it was like watching a soap opera unfold as people now
had to be face to face).

Warmest regards,
Birgitt

Birgitt Bolton of Dalar Associates
www.openspacetechnology.com
55 Ravina Cres., Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
 L9G 2E8
phone: 905-648-5775  fax: 905-648-2262