one day OS

Harrison Owen owen at tmn.com
Wed Jul 28 14:11:59 PDT 1999

At 08:00 AM 7/27/99 -0400, you wrote:

> Mark:
>
> What strikes me most strongly is that your concurrent breakout sessions are
> probably too long - I would schedule sessions for a 3/4 hour  each in your
> breakout times - my experience is that 3/4 hour is about the right length of
> time.
>
> Regards,
> Esther

And here is where Open Space is definitely a "each to his/her own" sort of
thing. The 1 1/2 hour time slots work well for me in anything over ad day long
Open Space. Since I won't do anything less than a day -- hour and on half is
normative in my book. Can it be less? Of course... and when the group is small
with little travel required between meeting spaces ... doubtless it will work.
But optimal "cooking time" --  1 1/2 hours.

Harrison
Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD  20854