Open Space For Hospitality (Hotel Industry)

MCSTEVENS at aol.com MCSTEVENS at aol.com
Sun Jul 11 11:50:24 PDT 1999

Hi --

I worked for several years with the multi-employer group of hotels in SF.
Here are some thoughts I have about the OS idea:

How big is the hotel?  Naturally, the larger hotels can spare folks.

Second, will you need to provide translation help?  (Most of the roomcleaners
with whom I worked are ESL).

Third, is the organization sufficiently non-hierarchical so that OS will
work.  Many of the back of the house folks I have worked with would be too
timid.

Fourth, is it unionized?  If so, you will need to involve the union early on.

Those are my thoughts.  I would be very interested to hear ongoing reports!

Cathy Stevens