Process question

Susan Travers Traverswfa at aol.com
Thu Jan 21 10:25:03 PST 1999

Don,

I've offered up the metaphor piece as closure to an "obstacles to achieving
the vision" process with the ICA method.  Participants enjoy it immensely, it
evokes lots of fun and laughter ... seems to function as a right-brain shift
and sometimes becomes a motif with lasting value.

The best metaphor yet (and this came from the group) was a dinosaur - the
obstacles to vision turned into a two-headed, fire-breathing, vision-squashing
thing --- a very funny cartoon character which they actually named and adopted
as an anti-mascot of sorts (since most of the obstacles were internal
bureaucratic practices).
I think they even took it back to the office and stuck it on the wall for
awhile.

In this particular case, I posed the metaphor question, threw out "building,
animal, car" .... and let them run with it.

Susan Travers