Calling the Circle

Uwe Weissflog uwe.weissflog at sdrc.com
Fri Jan 15 06:02:08 PST 1999

Don,
We have used OST on many occasions as part of our company's Strategic Management
Process. Our experience is that one can not rely on OST sessions alone, but that the
foundations of OST (openness, integrity to follow through, equality of contributions
and contributors) need to permeate the culture of the organization. When this
happens, other methodologies, such as Future Search Conferences can be woven into
the overall process. We are doing this with increasing success rates (although still
not fast enough).

Opening the space has become focussed on two key questions: Who are we? and Where
are we heading?. Variations of these question (and derivatives) are used in our
ongoing Open Space events, which we conduct at least once a year, increasingly with
customer involvement (whole system approach).

regards Uwe