Calling the Circle

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Fri Jan 8 06:31:16 PST 1999

Just a bit on the idea of the ability to suspend the need for a desired
outcome. I can only speak from my own story, my own life. I don't suspend my
need for a desired outcome--I call my need for a desired outcome HOPE. I'm
like a little kid that way. Likely always will be. And it is a great way to
go through life. (if I am politically incorrect, so be it). But, I don't
work with my need for a desired outcome in a linear way. Being female, I
work with a matrix. Dictionary definition of which is: womb; place in which
thing is developed; mass of rock etc. enclosing gems etc.; mould in which
type etc. is cast or shaped; formative part of animal organ; substance
between cells. So, in that great womb of all possibilities, I state my need
for a desired outcome and basically I state my need that I want only the
best that life has to offer. And sure enough, without fail, gems always turn
up and they are always more spectacular than my imaginings. I have a need
for a desired outcome---which is a need for the best that life has to
offer.And I don't apologize for it.

When I facilitate an Open Space meeting or the evolving of an Open Space
organization, my need for desired outcome is very clearly that the good,
true and beautiful of the people involved comes to the surface and that they
find their way to accessing their potential. And sure enough, the results
are always more spectacular than I ever imagined.

The one about world peace seems to be taking a little longer. Again, in the
big Open Space of the earth and its inhabitants, I state my need for peace
on earth. With hope that my desired outcome will be met and in a more
spectacular way than I can imagine. May not happen in my lifetime, but I can
attend to the matrix, as have others before me and others after me, and
....assume that my desired outcome will be fulfilled.

Respectfully submitted,
Birgitt

Birgitt Bolton of Dalar Associates
www.openspacetechnology.com
55 Ravina Cres., Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
 L9G 2E8
phone: 905-648-5775  fax: 905-648-2262