Thank you

Don Ferretti dferrett at placer.ca.gov
Mon Jan 18 09:40:29 PST 1999

I just want to thank everyone for the great suggestions and sharing of your
experience with me on the strategic planning question. I feel like I tapped into
a rich vein of genuine people. I have no doubt now that if everyone in the group
I'm working with was in the open space at the same time, a strategic plan would
emerge. And, I totally appreciate Harrison's observation that many things could
happen right then and there (and no, that was not a lecture Harrison :-)). I'm
going to give the group some options when I talk with them on January 21. As I
see it, to get where they want to go, they can use Open Space and/or the
Strategic Planning Workshop Method developed by the Institute for Cultural
Affairs as a process for getting together to think and plan strategically.
Possibly a combination. We will need to talk about that. I wonder how that
conversation will  go.

What I would really like to do is be able to convince everyone in the system to
read Leadership and the New Science and Expanding our Now. Then open the space
and let'er ride! Geez I bet that would be an awesome experience.

Thanks again................/Don Ferretti