A case for Training - Revised

Michelle Cooper coopgrp at interlynx.net
Tue Jan 12 08:26:15 PST 1999

Thanks to Birgitt for the clarification.  In my effort to be obtuse about  the names and locations to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent, I realize that my comments may have offended some of the many excellent OS practitioners in the province of Ontario.  My apologies if so.

I appreciate the replies.  Some thoughts on "Whatever happens is the only thing that could have."  There are many interpretations.  I do not look at the principle as fatalistic.  Rather, I see it as freeing us up from dwelling on processes that did not, from our perspective, go well and to help us detach from the outcomes.  My interpretation is that it is still important to look at the events and their results, see what we learn from them and then move on.  Reflection is integral to my learning, growth and evolution of my "style" as a facilitator as I believe it is to the evolution of the applications of Open Space.  Some of my learning has enabled me to apply some of the ideas and essence of Open Space in other facilitation, but I do not call it Open Space.

I too continue to focus my energies into opening as much space as possible.

Kind regards;
Michelle

Michelle Cooper
The Cooper Group Consultants