Small Group OS

Joe Szostak jszostak at fox.nstn.ca
Wed Feb 10 09:19:44 PST 1999

Friends,

Are there any special considerations when using Open Space with a small group within a small company--say 7-12 people?

I have colleague who runs a small sporting goods store.  She is a remarkable person who won a national Entrepreneur of the Year Award awhile back.  She has taken pains to grow her business through growing her people, and is quite interested in trying OS for an all day planning session on how to further develop the business, respond to new conditions, etc.

I have used OS several times with medium size groups of very diverse people from different organizations. And, to repeat the question, am wondering if the situation I've described is any different.  For example, the first concerns that come to my mind is how to set up meeting so that people are there  because they want to be rather because they feel they have to be....

I'd appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

Joe Szostak