Continuing OS on-line

BJ Peters bjpeters at amug.org
Fri Dec 17 09:18:57 PST 1999

Jim Lord wrote:

> For how can we succeed in bringing these resources to the surface, and
> realizing their generative potential, if not through our conviction
> that plenty is available -- and to the extent that we truly believe in
> their abundance
>
> It seems that OS does an incredible job of allowing people to see the
> will and energy that is available in a room if not the larger system.
> Still, folks can feel constricted financially.

Jim and Peg-- I have found that using the combination of AI and OS
energizes people and opens them to possibilities of will, commitment AND
abundance. This summer I used a combination of AI and OS with a number
of community stakeholders around the theme: creating communities that
truly support all parents in their job of raising healthy children, They
left the 2 1/2 day session convinced that all the resources they would
need were out there for them to access. And five months later, they are
making both incremental steps and quantum leaps and have found human and
capital resources to implement all nine projects, including the
development of large one-stop service centers in the three communities.

Peg, I hope you keep us posted on the decisions about process and about
the outcomes of your project.

And to both of you and the others on this wonderful list, I wish you
abundance, health, love and joy  in the next millennium!

BJ