indigenous and self organizing

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Mon Aug 23 21:08:35 PDT 1999

Hi Jeff,
all the best with your dissertation research. What a wonderful topic. I
unfortunately don't have the time at present to put my learnings down here
and hopefully we will connect somewhere like OSONOS to have the discussion.
I would say though that Open Space works in these situations for the same
reasons it always works :-).  In this work, as I do so often with corporate
clients, it is important to attend to griefwork prior to the Open Space so
that people get a chance to tell their stories and to be heard by the
collective, in my experience. A story telling circle to honour the past and
the present before moving on to any Open Space or other means to work with
reconcilliation.

Birgitt

Birgitt Bolton of Dalar Associates
www.openspacetechnology.com
55 Ravina Cres., Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
 L9G 2E8
phone: 905-648-5775  fax: 905-648-2262