Incorporating ideas from people who cannot participate????

Kim Martens ronm at sentex.net
Wed Apr 7 06:13:17 PDT 1999

I am about to facilitate a one-day Open Space for an agriculture-focused
rural community (county-wide).  The weather is not co-operating (Spring has
come early!) and some people who have been invited have declined but have
sent long e-mails and faxes about "issues and opportunities" they would have
liked to raise.

The sponsor does not want these to be "ignored."  The concept of having a
champion/convener is understood and we are communicating with the folks who
have sent their ideas to explain the process and get from them a possible
name of someone who could come in their place.  We also hope to include the
ideas in discussions where appropriate (hand them to champions/conveners to
incorporate in their discussions if they like).

Any other ways folks on this listserve have used to address this?

Kim Martens
ronm at sentex.net