Mandatory Open Space

Richard Charles Holloway learnshops at thresholds.com
Wed Sep 9 19:29:53 PDT 1998

thanks for your response, Chris.  I look forward to seeing your
article.  What drew me to open space originally was it's tremendous
power in creating the right conditions for meaningful conversations and
dialog.  And, while I don't consider myself an open space zealot, I do
hear from someone (at least weekly it seems) who says something like,
"oh--Open Space?  Yeah, I went to one of those once.  It wasn't too
good, you know.  It was one of those things where we had to go, and we
had to meet in a circle and, you know, we did some touchy-feely stuff.
It was okay, but I don't think that open space will help with our
current problem."

Of course, this is conversation can happen about a number of practices
in the OD world that have gone astray in the hands of untutored or
inexperienced practitioners.  I still have a lot to learn, and I enjoy
the voices and contributions on this list that add to my store of
knowledge.

walk in peace,

Doc

--
"I never hit a shot, not even in practice, without having a very sharp,
in-focus picture of it in my head."   -Jack Nicklaus

Thresholds <http://www.thresholds.com>
Meeting Masters <http://www.thresholds.com/masters.html>
Richard Charles "Doc" Holloway    Astoria, OR & Olympia, WA  USA
ICQ# 10849650 voice 360.786.0925