Liatserves and email Attachments

Buzz Blick buzz at nwlink.com
Mon Oct 26 14:13:46 PST 1998

Hi All,

Just as a counter-point to those who say that attachments (like the one
Birgitt sent a week or so ago on OS in education) should not be used with
email....please DO sent them, AND put them in the text of an email message.

For those of us with email services that are attachment-friendly (like me),
the use of attachments is great.  It makes document handling very easy and
all of the formatting comes through fine.  Especially when they are in .RTF
(rich text format), like Birgitt used.

For me, when a multi-page message is sent as part of an email in plain text
I have screwy line breaks and all sorts of other formatting problems that
are very inconvenient for long messages.

For those of you with email services which are not attachment friendly i.e.
AOL (for users outside that system) and Juno, you will probably need the
long email variety...which gets really unwieldy with documents as long as
Birgitt's 18 page whopper.

Thanks again Birgitt :o)

Buzz Blick