coming to monterey

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Fri Oct 16 12:51:14 PDT 1998

hi there, oslist people,
I will be in Monterey.
What I am really looking forward to is the final work I
want to involve some of you in on the open space that is
scheduled in a Berlin elementary school after I return from
Monterey. One piece of advise that made sense to me is to
introduce students to the os world before the event. So
there will be a 2 hour os with the 20 member student
council (grade 3 thru 6) on October 26.Theme is "What will
we do as student representatives to improve community in
our school and in our neighborhood", I am ready for
surprises. The principal tells me that they are already
looking forward to the meeting. Its standard procedure at
this school that the student representatives report back to
their classes about student council acitivities at
specified times. This way, the news will spread.
There has been a lot of insight about working in schools
and youth projects on the future search list. One point
that was made is that we can have "system" events only by
including children. Another, that if children are well
introduced to the principles and what expects them they
will contribute. This would also be true of any age
group.... different ways of introduction need to be
designed.
A thought on the parallel discussion on the two lists
(schools is the one area that I now experienced it most
actively): it could just as well be one list. The topic of
"ritual" and "sacred spaces" could be on the oslist and I
assume it will swap over any minute now.
keep future space growing
love
michael

ps to barry: this is the Pacific, man, better bring your
wet suit if you want to invade that space

Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin
Germany