Intro & asking for ideas

Richard C. Holloway thejournal at thresholds.com
Mon Mar 23 13:24:17 PST 1998

Greetings!

I've just "subscribed" to this list today, at Peg Holman's suggestion.
I understand that this is a wonderful community of OS practitioners.

I've managed to convince the Washington State Quality Conference
Committee to include one day of open space with their 2-day quality
conference.  They (we) are expecting about 800 people for each day of
the conference, tentatively scheduled for early October.  We're still
refining the conference theme and framing question.  It will focus on
"improving state government."

Peg has graciously offered her services (this is a volunteer gig), as
has Lucinda Dustin (a fellow-traveler and an OS practitioner with
California state government).  Chris Schock has shared some of his
experiences with a 950-person OS event he just facilitated recently in
Caen, France.

An 800-person meeting is quite a challenge--and there's a number of
things to consider and prepare for.  My hope is that there are members
of this list who (as the ideas occur to you) will jot them down and
e-mail them to me.

Just so that you know, I'm not employed by the state, but am a private
business person who saw a great opportunity to do something real
exciting with open space and on behalf of our state government
stakeholders.

Thanks for the opportunity to ask!

walk in peace,

Doc Holloway

--
"Love not what you are, but what you may become."  - Miguel de Cervantes

Thresholds--developing critical skills for living organizations
Richard C. "Doc" Holloway
Please visit our new website, still at <http://www.thresholds.com/>
<mailto:learnshops at thresholds.com>