Life Cycle & Sustainability - An Invitation

John Dicus jdicus at ourfuture.com
Tue Mar 10 09:20:06 PST 1998

I'd like to invite you to join a continuing in-person exploration into the
concepts of stewardship -- how it might benefit both ourselves and our
organizations.  It's one thing to talk about stewardship, yet another to
actually practice it and try to make the necessary shifts.

This time around we'll focus on life-cycle and sustainability -- what it
means -- how to achieve it.  Some might think sustainability means
continuing forever without change.  More likely it means being flexible and
continuing to adapt to make room for new life.  Letting go is not easy.
What needs to be carried forward?  What do we need to leave behind?

Twice per year we host an experiential gathering called "Experiences in
Stewardship."  It gives us the opportunity to learn while immersed in the
complexity of the human experience.  The learning has always surpassed what
we could imagine going in, and these gatherings give us a chance to more
fully understand what it means to work in the organizations we say we want
to "create."

We'll meet April 26-29 at Jiminy Peak in Hancock, MA.  If you think you'd
like to join us and help learn more about these important concepts, let me
know.  I'd be glad to talk more about this with you or send you some more
information and a personal invitation.  You can also read more at
http://www.ourfuture.com.

By Mary Oliver:
    To live in this world
    You must be able
    to do three things:
    to love what is mortal;
    to hold it
    against your bones knowing
    your own life depends upon it;
    and, when the time comes to let it go,
    to let it go.

Thanks -- John Dicus

--

John Dicus  |  Cornerstone Consulting Associates
Providing Experiences In...   Teamwork  -  Systems  -  Stewardship