Quick info request...

Gary Kimble & Metta Zetty gkmz at onr.com
Mon Jul 6 16:33:47 PDT 1998

Dear OS-ers:

I just got a phone call this afternoon from a free lance
writer who's doing an article on unusual and alternative
meeting locations for the September issue of _Meetings
and Conventions_ Magazine.

She was hoping I might be able to share info with her about
creative and affordable alternatives to standard hotel meeting
facilities.  We talked a bit about the OS process itself
(as a great meeting alternative), and I explained to her
about the fabulous OT16 meeting venue last year (white tent
on the village green in the mountains of North Carolina,
with break-out groups in the local restaurants, pubs,
art studio and church).

In the interest of providing her with other good info and ideas,
I also suggested that I would check with you folks to see
if any of you could share a quick bit of info with her
about other interesting, affordable alternative meeting site
ideas.

Since Dale is on a tight time line right now for gathering
this info (today is Monday and she needs the info by late
Tuesday or early Wednesday), I wanted to suggest that if
any of you have any great meeting location stories to share,
please email them immediately and directly to Dale Leatherman
at:        <dleatherman at compuserve.com>
All I would ask is that you copy your post to me as well,
since I'm curious now, too, about other people's experiences.

(FYI, I am also encouraging her to check out the OSI and
GOSI web pages for some of your great stories about previous
OS events....)

In the meantime, I hope you all had a great time at OT17!
I'm sorry Gary and I couldn't join you this year, but I'll be
looking forward soon to hearing all about the gathering, and
and hopefully we'll see many of you in the Pacific Northwest
in '99!

As ever,
Metta