Ideas for 4 hour exec coaching session prior to OS

Joe Paul FamilyFirm at aol.com
Fri Feb 13 09:21:15 PST 1998

> 'm in search of ideas/experiences from consultants who have met with senior
>  managers prior to an OS event. I have a four hour meeting planned and would
> be grateful to know of any tips, caveats or any other information anyone has
>  regarding this type of meeting.

Kay,
I am one of the Directors of a international interdisiplainary association,and
the co-chair of the organization's next annual conference.  I have sold the
board on having the entire annual conference of the membership be an OS event
facilitated by Harrison Owen.

My observations have been that two groups of leaders will have the most
anxiety about OS.  Those with the greatest fiduciary responsibilities, and
those who have a over active sense of ownership about to knowledge.

You may find the greatest challenges to your responsibility to "create and
hold the space" coming from the leaders who want to reduce their own anxiety
by organizing the emptiness prematurely, e.g. before the event happens.  It
may come in the form of wanting keynoters, to "seed" the breakout sessions
with topics on their agenda,  strategically place leaders in the breakout
groups, etc.

Joe Paul