On the Beach!

Christopher Kloth kloth at tmn.com
Mon Dec 14 15:32:35 PST 1998

Ralph,
Sounds very potentially fun and productive.  As always, my question in a situation like this is: What outcome does the client hope for or need? The answer to that may lead to some more questions, like:  How important is the documentation? Why?  If it is, what if each convener agreed to arrange for a session scribe who took hand written notes on legal pads and posted them in the bath housed or hotel neare the beach? What if there were computers and scanners so that the hand written notes could be fed into the computer trhough the scanners?  What if they took
notes on the volleyballs with markers?

I recently participated in an open space session with a group from Fetzer Institute. We were at Amelia Island, Florida.  Note taking was optional.  Some groups went out on the beach.  Some of us reported key points from our sessions at the closing circle, including recommendations for Fetzer staff, which they took notes on.  People took responsibility for determining what to do about their passions...including whether or not to document.

As always, trust your gut!

Let me know if you need an assistant "power tanner" on this gig.

Chris