Fwd: openspacenet....openspacenetwork

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Sat Dec 26 12:27:51 PST 1998

==================BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE=
Dear Murli,
as my note to you from last October (see below) would
suggest that I was the member suggesting a name change I am
now sending that note to everyone on the list.The response
from McStevens (a rose by any other name...) elicits just
the opposite response from me: the list would receive
another name and still be the rose we all appreciate.
peace and love to all of you
michael

=================
>From: "Michael M Pannwitz" <mmpanne at snafu.de>
>To: "rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu" <rismurli at cobfac.idbsu.edu>
>Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:08:40 +0100
>Subject: openspacenet....openspacenetwork

Dear Murli,
maybe you noticed that there is a name change in progress
with the future search crowd.
They are suggesting, and there is a lot of positive
resonance from their list, to change from searchnet at ....to
futuresearchnetwork at ...
I would think that changing from oslist to "openspacenet"
or "openspacenetwork" would be very good because it would
much more clearly identify the "open space" than the
present "oslist" does. Also, my experience is that we are
developing into a network and are much more than a "list".
The amount of support I received lately from the discussion
on "school" and "children in open space" has been
enormous....out of it have grown some concrete plans to
meet and deepen the exchange on a face to face basis when I
am in Monterey and Seattle in November.
This morning I facilitated my first open space with
children in an elementary school: 22 student
representatives grade 3 (8 of those and definitely the most
creative and noisy) through 6 (very mature, those)....about
one third foreign students not all capable of writing
German (no problem in os, of course) produced 16 topics in
10 minutes and wholly enjoyed the event (just 2 hours
altogether). They waded through the "apparent" chaos and
wound up working in 4 groups. This event was put on in
preparation for a schoolwide open space late November.
Well, all the time I was recollecting and being reminded of
the comments and the advise from colleagues 5000 miles
away. A very important net.
I also think that attaching a note about the list to the
signature is a great idea, I will definitely do it.
This mail is going just to you because I am not sure
whether my response is addressing your question concerning
the web.
Keep up the good work.
Love
michael
michael m pannwitz
draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON 49-30-772 8000     FAX 49-30-773 92 464
SUBSCRIBE OSLIST FIRSTNAME LASTNAME to
LISTSERV at LISTSERV.IDBSU.EDU