More on Conflict Resolution

David Koehler Dmk4812 at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 04:29:49 PST 1998

Thank you for responses on conflict resolution.  I learn a lot from them.
You're correct, OS is more than a planning process.  I have also seen OS
resolve differences, primarily because it helps with the issues of
relationships and communication.  My suggestion is that OS can be enhanced
when participants have a basic understanding when they better understand their
"interests" rather than their "positions."  Remember that I am coming from a
context of unions and management.

Just another note; there is a whole world of ALMC's (Area Labor Management
Committees) out there that I think needs to be about OS.  I hope that I can
introduce others to using OS as we have in Illinois.  Even though we are just
beginning, we are seeing great value in OS.  I appreciate the insight you all
have helped me to achieve.
Thanks, David Koehler