An introduction and a question

Chris Corrigan corriganc at inac.gc.ca
Wed Aug 12 08:50:02 PDT 1998

Greetings openers of spaces:

I have been lurking for a while and thought it was time to
properly out myself, as I have question in mind.

My name is Chris Corrigan and I live in Vancouver, Canada
where I work for the federal government in the Department of
Indian Affairs.  My job is to manage a public consultation
process with non-Aboriginal interests who may be affected
by the treaties we are negotiating with First Nations in
British Columbia.  I appreciate that this may seem a little
obscure to some, but many of you may have seen recent
reports in the NY Times, Washington Post or BBC about a
treaty we recently initialled with the Nisga'a in northern B.C.
That was us.

Prior to this job I worked both as a consultant and a staffer
with a variety of First Nations organizations across Canada
engaged mostly in negotiations of self-government and the
facilitation of community based initiatives.  I have used a
variety of facilitation tools, and have developed a few specific
to the context I work in.  I have facilitated or organized or
participated in five Open Space meetings.  I try and live in
Open Space the rest of the time.

If any of this is either unclear or interesting, please email me
for more information.

On to the question, which will probably seems elementary.
Where can I get a paper or a set of ideas about Open Space
follow up?  We have just completed the exercise with 60
people in my office (a very nice day it was too) and now have
the usual reams of information to present to our senior
management.  Unlike other Open Spaces I've facilitated, this
one has dragged me into the follow up in a more detailed
way.

Thoughts?

Chris