Question about OST

Peggy Holman osi at TMN.COM
Thu Oct 30 17:01:28 PST 1997

Russ,

In open space, your concern will take care of itself.  Part of its power is
that people follow their passions and end up talking to the most unlikely
of people.  I have not yet run into a situation where people spent the
entire time hanging out only with those who agreed with them.

Open Space works extremely well with conflict avoiders, conflict lovers,
the selfish side of all of us.  In short, it works well with human beings.

I am forwarding your message to our e-mail discussion list so that others
may add their thoughts based upon their experiences.

OST has been used with a number of church groups very successfully.  With a
large group, you may want to see if there is an experienced OST facilitator
in your area who can support your work.  It can be a big help when getting
started.

If I can be of further assistance, please write again.

Peg Holman
Open Space Institute