OSONOS and Long Range Weather Forecasts

Jody Orr jorr at worldchat.com
Wed Oct 22 08:31:01 PDT 1997

By way of updating an earlier observation from Birgitt, I thought it might
be helpful for those of you journeying to Toronto this weekend to have a
glimpse into what seems to be in store weatherwise...But since this is my
first message out to the list, my name is Jody Orr, I am a member of the
Open Space Institute of Canada (active when I can be), finally - last year
 - left the not-for-profit sector after 17 years (Birgitt and I were active
in the social services in the same community together and at the same
time...thank goodness for the gifts of support, humor and a shared
commitment to change!) and struck out on my own with a business partner to
form a very dynamic consulting partnership with a strong commitment to
organizational change work...after almost a year and a half, I am managing
to still pay the mortgage and keep my two wonderful daughters clothed and
fed and myself healthy (writ LARGE!)!!! It's a grand adventure and I
wouldn't be anywhere else...stopped worrying about the lack of a road map
some time ago...coming around the curves and over the humps in the road is
much more exciting this way, and the learning, both intentional and
otherwise, more meaningful...

If you are planning to join us in Toronto, expect the warmest of welcomes
but slightly less warmth in the external environment...our long range
forecasts (through to Saturday) suggest cool weather (below 10 degrees
Celsius daytime and below  0 degrees at night from time to time) with the
possibility of rain here and there...if you are planning to walk about,
seek out adventurous dining opportunities or sample the wonderfully diverse
lives of Toronto, you may wish to pack "stuff" accordingly...we have been
blessed this year with a storybook Autumn...lots of sunlight, gentle
transition and crisp reminders of where we're headed, but it looks like we
are now in the middle of a process of  gentle remembrance of what living
in a northern clime entails...

We are all looking forward to welcoming you...

Safe journey to all...

Jody