OSLIST Digest - 2 Oct 1997 to 7 Oct 1997

Lindfield, Michael J Michael.Lindfield at PSS.Boeing.com
Wed Oct 8 09:36:38 PDT 1997

a set of notes that I put together. These are some of my current
understanding about Open Space - it is a living document and so I
welcome other perspectives.

Frank asks whether Open Space is a set of tools or a theory focused on
certain goals. For me, Open Space is both the opportunity and the act of
calling together a community of people who have passion around a subject
so that they may engage in conversation and discover the actions that
will move Life forward as well as the 'sacred' or safe space that is
created and held in which this 'communion' occurs.

Michael

"Bid me run and I will strive for things impossible"  (Shakespeare)

Michael Lindfield
Senior Organization Development Consultant

The Boeing Company
P.O. Box 3707,  MS 7A-25,
Seattle,  WA 98124-2207,  USA

425-865-2255 (Office/Voice Mail)     425-865-4851 (FAX)
michael.j.lindfield at boeing.com