Question re: OS bias toward extroverts and activists

Gary Kimble & Metta Zetty gkmz at onr.com
Wed Oct 15 12:56:26 PDT 1997

This is Metta, with a question for you all:

I am engaged in another on-line dialogue with an international
group of consultants and facilitators, several whom have experience
with a variety of facilitated processes, including Open Space.

In talking about OS on-line, one of the members of our group
expressed some concerns and reservations about OS that I have heard
voiced by OS participants in the past.  I was wondering what sort
of response / reaction you folks have to these issues and concerns:

>My main problem with the Open Space is that it is not really as open as it
>seems - it is biased towards extroverts!  It also favours dominant American
>type in the workplace - Activists.  So, if you are reflective introvert -
>no chance to be heard!

Any thoughts? ideas? suggestions? reactions?
I am especially interested in hearing from the "reflective introverts"
in our group -- if there are any ;) -- to see how you feel about the
ability of OS to address these needs and concerns.....

I will be looking forward to hearing from you!

Many thanks,
Metta