website

Bert W. Hopkins bhopkins at mist.seattleantioch.edu
Wed Oct 8 10:28:46 PDT 1997

Hi Birgitt,

Thanks for your spurring on the conversation.  No one from our website meeting
posted here, so i will be responsible to the larger group and do so.  a week
ago myself, peg, and grover met to talk about maintaining the web site.  peg
did the first go round herself and i did the second.  we requested some help
for long term maintenance, and grover responded, so we are working on getting
the things that are easily maintained up, including the OS Canada's material
(and thank you so much for sending it, lots of good stuff and people to add).

I have had many good intentions with the site, including a chat mode, but just
finished grad school, so i have not followed up on most.  beyond just
allocating time, there are questions around format that are up and in the air
around doing a chat.  fundamentally, they are around how to map the rituals of
OS onto this medium.  myself and others have played with them as a supplement
to events and had some success, but if this is indeed to be an open space (as
it already is) it must be called and facilitated with the care and intention of
any OS event.  This takes time and support of more than just 3 people.

i will post the notes from 2 meetings we have had around these issues later
today, and I would love to hear ideas from others, particularly those who have
played with info. tech. and OS, about how we can make this a thriving and
easily maintained site that can be useful to all of us.

Thanks for the dialogue,
Bert

 --
Sent via SoftArc's FirstClass SMTP/NNTP at Antioch University Seattle.
The views expressed are those of the sender and are not necessarily