Quick Reply for Frank....

Gary Kimble & Metta Zetty gkmz at onr.com
Wed Oct 8 09:34:28 PDT 1997

>Date:    Tue, 7 Oct 1997 19:32:57 +0200
>From:    Frank Billot <fbillot at avignon.pacwan.net>
>Subject: Re: need of your ideas
>
>Hi all,
>
>I am concerned with pracical means to facilitate shared values, common
>ground among people engaged in collective action. Is Open Space a set of
>tools, a theory that is focused on such goals ? Are there some books about
>it or web sites ?
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Frank Billot   ---  820 chemin traversier   84210 Pernes les Fontaines  France
>fbillot at avignon.pacwan.net
>telephone 33 4 90 66 53 24

Dear Frank,

Just a quick reply before I head out the door....

Yes, there is a web page, and it would be a great
place to start in answering several of your questions
(re: tools, theory, books, etc.):
        http://www.tmn.com/openspace/index.html

Open Space is a highly practical approach for
encouraging common ground and shared values to emerge
from within a group.....However, if  values and goals
are being mandated from the top down, then Open Space
is not the tool to use....

I'm sure there is a lot more that can be said
by others in this group in response to your query,
Frank, but I thought this would at least get you started......

How did you find out about Open Space?

Metta Zetty
gkmz at onr.com