a story

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Wed Nov 12 16:37:46 PST 1997

Just heard from one of my newer OS friends. A wonderful fellow named Bill
Cleveland in Minnesota. He is a co-ordinator of Arts educators.

He has created (with the assistance of a 20 year old videographer )a new
Open Space video that is really terrific of a four day OS with a gathering
of arts educators using all sorts of arts mediums in their OS. The energy
comes through on the video. He had hoped to get this here by OSONOS to
share with all of us but it arrived a day late. Anne Stadler was here with
me to view it and was impressed enough that she took the video with her to
show to a group (in other words I had it in my possession for about 20
minutes and dear friend that Anne is, I trust I will see it again). Anyhow,
I have permission to copy it as needed for the OS community and we'll keep
several copies on hand at OSI Canada. And I passed kudos on to Bill and his
young colleague saying that in impressing Anne they were impressing someone
who had won a number of Emmy's for her TV documentaries. They thought that
high praise indeed.

Bill stories as well as the above very successful OS (which was his first
after the training) was that he did a two day OS in Austin, Texas in recent
days for administrators in Arts education that also went well, much to his
surprize. And he is just off to Scotland (the one across the puddle) to do
an OS with 8 European Country Education Ministers and some arts folks. The
theme "how will the arts and education help develop the caring, capable
people we need to sustain our community?"

Wow. Another great opportunity for OS.