that challenging OS cont'd

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Fri Nov 21 09:04:32 PST 1997

Thank you to those of you who so kindly responded. It helped.

I am still processing my own learnings from this experience and know that I
am working at this at a very deep level inside of myself that doesn't feel
good. Don't know where that is going, but here are my thoughts of the
moment.

The day went well for the group. Anger, but more apathy and victim
behaviour at the beginning. And stupidity on the part of the Minister in
capital letters. Very challenging opening. How do you bring forward passion
in such a place? And I felt really crummy and low energy all day. I think
my Spirit was deeply affected by the EVIL in the place. I am exhausted. The
staff that I was working with were wonderful people caught in a vice. And
they were pleased with how it all went. And people were honest which was a
big breakthrough.
 And they
felt re-energized. So...space got opened, no one can
say it didn't or that it wasn't possible. But how such a tiny grain of sand
can have any impact is beyond me. If God needs me to go there again, I
will. But I surely don't understand.

Anyhow, time will tell if there are any results. Maybe the biggest will be
amongst the beaurocrats I worked with who were really decent people. One of
them said, "it was a wakeup call". Another was in tears of thanks at the
end of the day. Her boss, who was furious that she had commissioned Open
Space for their process actually came up to her at the end and THANKED HER.
This boss is a woman who never lowers herself to say hello to her staff.
We'll see. Maybe there will be more Open Spaces commissioned in that place.
Maybe they can be under the heading of "random acts of kindness" ---but
then I wonder. If good is felt for an instant and then all the bad sets in
again, would it be better not to Open the Space at all?

Birgitt