INTRO-Thomas P Benjamin

Thomas Benjamin BENJAMIN at fac.irm.ernet.in
Thu May 8 04:00:00 PDT 1997

I subscribed into this list a few days ago. I have been on the LO
list for some time and continue to be on that list. I was not sure I
can handle both lists. Any way, worth trying and som I am here.

I was introduced to Open Space technology by Anne Stadler. She was
here in India and Anand(400 kms North West of Bombay). I have
participated in two open space meetings, one was facilitated by Anne
Stadler. I have used the technology twice, one as a consulting
process and the other as an alternative to workshop.

I have also included one 70 minute session on Open space technology
in my 30 session course in Organisational Development for the two
year postgraduate students in Rural Management. The degree is
similar to an MBA but oriented and tailored to prepare graduates for
organisations working with rural producers. Cooperatives and Non
Government organisations are the typical target organisations.

I have worked in a Non Government Organisation. I had not heard of
Open Space Technology then. I find the principles very appropriate
for working with rural folk. The more important reason is that I like
the implied value in the technology. I try to use it as teacher and
manager, where possible.

I am a faculty at Institute of Rural Manangement, Anand(IRMA).
See http://irma.irm.ernet.in    for details if you like, about IRMA.

Thomas P Benjamin
benjamin at fac.irm.ernet.in