another quotation

Birgitt Bolton birgitt at worldchat.com
Tue May 6 20:26:18 PDT 1997

It has been very quiet on the list server for OS. Actually, I think a lot
of what happens is that someone puts out a query and then the responses
don't show up here but are done one on one. We need to regenerate some
momentum.

I have been doing a very deep and personally interesting Open Space these
days with an assortment of organizations in one town that are responsible
for providing services to those with serious addictions problems. I have no
idea what the folks are getting out of it, except that they are very
pleased with themselves and where they are going and the new collaborations
they are developing. I do know that my own learnings, as happens so often
when I have the privilege of facilitating, are enormous.Incredibly good
people out there doing critical and meaningful work that is almost soul
destroying for them. And they resurface to do more good work. Open Space
has brought Spirit to their attention in their midst. And they have
resolved to learn Open Space because they want their clients to do their
own program planning using Open Space. A much more humane way in their
opinion than what they have been doing. Wow. My imagination takes me to the
possibilities of where they might go with this.

And for now, I share with you an excerpt from my favourite quotations file.
It speaks to me this night.

excerpt from Marianne Williamson's Return to Love excerpt of

Nelson Mandela's 1994 Inaugural Speech

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who our you NOT to be?

You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't
feel  insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.

And as we let our Light shine, we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.