HELP! re. OS Training REflections

Anne Stadler annestad at sprynet.com
Sun Mar 30 21:16:07 PST 1997

Wait a minute!!!  HELP!!     As far as I know, we who met to reflect on
OS Training ARE NOT dreaming up THE OS training which OSI will offer.
And we don't think we are doing that, as far as I know.  Birgitt, I am
sorry if my message was confusing on that score.  No wonder you were
like a dog with a bone.  I would've been, too.  SOrry I didn't realise
what you were concerned about earlier.

We didn't meet to CREATE THE OS TRAINING for OSI.  We met to reflect on
what we'd learned about doing OS training in NW of the US, and as a
result, we came up with a take on OS training that we AS INDIVIDUALS
connected with OSI want to do.  In addition,  we wanted to have
recipients of the training we were offering to have the opportunity of
joining OSI if they wanted to.  We also felt that whatever happens, we
want there to be OS training offered in the NW.  As far as I remember,
that's what we said and have continued to talk about.

In the first draft of my notes that I sent to people who were at the
meeting, I may have given the impression that we were talking about OSI
OS training-- though I read it over, and noticed that only in one place
had I made such a mistake. I changed that draft, and re-sent it-- so I
thought that mistake was corrected.  Sorry!!

Re. OSI, I agree with you and Larry and Peg, etc.  whoever offers OS
training does it as individuals.  OSI provides certain "services" to
support the individuals who are making offerings.