Questions to Ponder

Granillo, Anthony R Anthony.Granillo at PSS.boeing.com
Thu Jan 2 11:26:36 PST 1997

Peggy, bringing it in is the easy part, I think.  You just do it.

What I've begun to do is have some of our group meetings without agenda,
just a topic.  We take the first few minutes to decide who wants to
cover something, then we build a schedule around the ideas.

Granted this is a modification in that everyone then engages on every
subject, but it seems to work because the agenda becomes what people
want to talk about on a subject rather than only those things I had in
mind in calling a meeting.

This doesn't work for every meeting, you have to pick your spots.
Then...

What I'm now doing is suggesting formal open space for the big topics.
Where we have to bring large audiences together for the large
explorations that open space is so good for.  having people who have
experienced the smaller agendaless meetings helps me in expressing how
something like this could work.

Keeping it going?  A much different question.  Things seem different
afterwards, does that keep it going?  Who has that experience and how to
manual?

 --tony granillo
G-5400, 7A-42
(206) 865-5201