Introduction

Anne Stadler annestad at sprynet.com
Wed Feb 26 18:55:01 PST 1997

Hi Michael!! Lovely to "see" you on-line!

You know, I love the initiative you took, and I think I'll do the same:
introduce myself.  (I did that at one point on the OSI website, but I
don't know exactly what happened to the info.  so I'll retry it here,
okay?)

I'm Anne Stadler, an independent consultant for organizations who want
to achieve high performance as learning organizations.  I'm particularly
fascinated with growing organizations as open space learning
organizations, which is why I edited the March-April issue of Berrett
Kohler's edition: Open Space At Work, and why I like to work with people
who have the intention of using OST to grow their organization over
time.  It's not always easy to notice and change habits of relationship
that run counter to the simple principles and rituals of Open Space, but
it's "the Show" as they say in major league baseball.  And I'm a player
for the duration!

I am following the Law of Two Feet: taking responsibility for what has
heart and meaning for me.  And I guess I've been following that for much
of my life-- but only with conscious awareness since 1984, when I first
encountered the teachings of Angeles Arrien.
  I have been most influenced in my OS work by the work of Angeles
Arrien, David Spangler, Arny and Amy Mindell, and of course, HHOwen!!
and Open SPace learning pals, such as yourselves and others I've met at
the Open Space on Open Space yearly gathering in DC.

So let's create "Learning Circles" on whatever subjects really have
heart and meaning for us, and let's practice dialogue and other forms of
"deep" conversation on-line as we learn together.

I'm really grateful we are gathering in this learning network!!

Anne Stadler, 206-364-3317 (ph.), 206-364-5363, FAX