Your Name on the OSI Web Site

Anne Stadler annestad at sprynet.com
Sun Feb 2 16:43:04 PST 1997

Name: Anne Morgan Stadler
Address: 18468--47th Place NE
         Seattle, WA 98155  USA
Phone: 206-364-3317
FAX: 206-364-5363
E-mail: annestad at sprynet.com

What attracted me to OST?
   I participated in the "Business of Business is Learning" Open Space
gathering in 1989 in Goa India. This was the first time Open Space came
out of the "Organization Transformation" closet and was used with a
multicultural group of business executives and organizational
consultants.
   The experience was what I'd dreamed high performance learning and
work could be like!!  It also conformed with what I'd observed in my
work as a television producer (both as a creative cross-functional team
leader, and in observing people who'd worked miracles in their own
communities).  It felt "right"! It was in harmony with what we do
naturally. It was simple: you grasped it immediately.  You were "in
charge" of your own participation. AND in terms of productive results:
it had more practical "success" than any other form of collaborative
gathering I'd EVER experienced.  Just take the number of books produced
as a DIRECT result of that four day gathering: eight, that I am certain
of.
   So I decided I should be doing Open Space facilitation and learning,
rather than continuing my 17 year career as a television producer.

The passion that inspires me:
   I am passionate about my conviction that all of us are born "knowing"
what our life's purpose is, and wanting to live that out. We simply have
to live enough to become "conscious" of that and align our being in the
world with our life's purpose.
   I reject all forms of education and leadership which are elitist and
which give power over others to superior beings who are the designated
"leaders".
   So, I am consistently looking for and supporting ways of being in
relationship which raise mine and others' awareness of our own true
power, our capacity for inspired action, and for building communities of
action-- wherever we are in relationship.
   Open Space is such a way of being in relationship.

Principles which guide my work:
   Showing up, paying attention to what has heart and meaning, telling
the truth without blame or judgment, and being open to whatever happens,
and being a partner in all relationships.

What else do I want people to know about me?
   I'm of Celtic descent.  I love water!, being on the water, being by
the water, the sounds of water, etc.  I'm a singer and dancer and can be
very goofy when I feel like it.  I LOVE hanging out, playing, cooking,
talking, working with family and friends.

What do I do as a consultant?
   I open space in organizations by facilitating events, coaching
executives and managers, educating people in using Open Space Technology
for long-term leadership and managment. Since 1991, I've done this work
in the United States, India and Canada.
   My clients have included cooperatives (e.g. the National Dairy
Development Board in India), educational institutions (e.g. the Fred
Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Chicago,
Antioch/Seattle Graduate Management Program, Youth Theater Northwest,
Richard Hugo House Literary Arts Center), social service agencies (e.g.
United Way of Seattle/King County), non-profit organizations (e.g.Sound
Experience, Leadership Tomorrow, Center for Ethical Leadership) and
businesses.
   I also have produced Learning in Open Space with Harrison Owen, and
since 1992 have worked with Harrison Owen to offer an Open Space
Technology Training Workshop in the Pacific Northwest.